Fender Marine Bollards
Spheroidal Graphite Iron and Cast Steel are materials available for bollards. All Bollards are designed with a proper factor of three for breaking load, anchor bolts and concrete pullout (given a 40MPa concrete). The berth designer is responsible for its final structure and steel reinforcement. Engineering calculations are provided with bollard group pullout forces shear loading and bolt tensions. More details and safety calculations can be provided on request, subject to extra cost.
Typical Bollard Design Standards
- BS 6349-2:2010, Structural use of steelwork
- BS EN 1993:2005, Design steel stucutres
- AS 3990-1993, Mechanical equipment-steelwork
- AISC Steel Construction Manuel, latest edition
- ACI 318, Appendix D, latest editon